Here is a couple of small project which should be done for training. If you fail doing them, try something easier or read some documentation. I'm willing also to help you with some concept (in PM or yet better in chat) but will not do them for you!
- Create a page which ask what's your name, once you submit it will show "Hello " + your name.
- Create a page which ask you to guess a number between 0-100 and which will answer you "bigger", "smaller" or correct. For this the script must remember somehow the number randomly picked, so you may start with a first version with a static number.
- Create a page which let you show a list of names out of a database. So create a table, fill in some data, and then display it.
- Improve the previous project display page with an add, delete and update of the rows.
- Create and hangman game.
- Create a login / register pages. Login must control the match of 2 passwords, check if this username already exists etc. If the registration fails it must return to the registration, keep the fields filled and display an error message. The login must say "unknown username or password" if either the password or the username are wrong.
- Create a mini game with 2 kind of accounts, one admin, the second the player, the admin shall be able to create new "events" which are displayed to the player like "you gained $x gold", where $x will be replaced by a random number, the player will see those messages but will not do much more.