Entries with no category
New Worlds Engine (NWE for short) has been released since about 3 weeks. Some of you wonders how's going, how are the sales, who is using it, and what's the future.
Well, of course I will not give you every details, suffice to say that the sales are going well, and continue. Some well known people should release at some point a game based on it, more people said they will do mods for it, and I didn't actually stopped working neither.
A couple of releases have been done
A long long effort, actually more than what I thought at first. Lucky me as maybe I would not have done it knowing all the effort required.
Anyhow now it's here, the first release of the brand new New Worlds Engine 1.0! The dead line is respected in the sense I promised it in March 2012 and we are in March 2012, yet I thought it would be a bit less work.
So much have been done during those months that I can hardly remember all, however thanks to the help / dedication of
21th March will bring a new engine to list of the existing web game engines written in PHP. Yes finally after a huge amount of work, from my side and others like Illusions, Nickson, Peter, Mystical and srachit the engine will be ready for a first release.
Introduction price will be of 100$ plus full year of updates and upgrades.
You may wonder how this engine is different from GL, ezRPG, Zap or even McCode. Well I must admit I don't know the code behind of each of those,
Some people don't know what an alpha phase is:
- Alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet (beta the second), so it's basically the first phase of the development. You don't have all features and the one you have quiet certainly don't work.
- Beta phase means you normally have most if not all features, but there is quiet certainly still bugs around.
After the beta, you should have one ore more Release Candidate (RC) which should be bug free and complete, no more features
The work on the engine continue to progress. Some days faster than others (as it is usual) however things start to fit together nicely.
- A new template from Peter is there, and doesn't look bad at all.
- Loads of more options in the admin panel
- A player settings panel
- An ajax chat started to live (which of course can be disabled or moved around)
- In game messaging
- Bug tracking
- Loads of security improvements
And much more